K24 / Accord upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing disc and pad material will give us better braking torque\pedal feel and maybe will last longer than oem but will not solve the main problem - low heat capacity. Besides a fresh brake fluid with higher boiling point we need bigger or thicker disc to solve the problem. The best bang for the buck i know is a swap for euro-r\tsx nissin calipers, they work with 28mm disc and i can say its night and day difference. I used 2 piece racingbrake rotors with a good mid temp pads and they were able to stop 200-0 flawlessly without any fade and ruining brake system ( warping, boiling fluid, cracking pad etc ) Ive successfully raced a lot on that kit and then swapped to BBK to lower unsprung masses.

Please note that car stops not with brakes but with tires ! So any braking system will perform the same in an extreme situation when you just push the pedal hard and engage ABS. At that moment works only the tire\road friction but if the brakes will overheat - that will be the narrow point.

Comment

I think a good upgrade might be to change the brake pump, so that the new bigger pump will push harder, with a lot more force on the pads?
      -------------------
      There is no point of having if you can't share.

Comment

Littlebo do you have a link for those Nissin calipers?

I know those sold by Spoon are made by Nissin, same size but thicker discs. Might be the same kit but possible cheaper.

Also the ATR (Accord Type-R) had front dual pistons larger calipers (compared with stock) and thicker discs. Probably are made by Nissin also (not sure) but it seems to be an easy swap if you use the ATR washers too.

Also the US TSX CL9 has thicker 28mm discs.
        dinoc
        Last edited by dinoc; 30-08-13, 10:07.

Comment

Dinu, the ATR calipers are made by Nissin.

The Spoon caliper is different from the ATR one. I attached a picture of it.
          mhh39
          Last edited by mhh39; 30-08-13, 10:08.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackMagic View Post
            I think a good upgrade might be to change the brake pump, so that the new bigger pump will push harder, with a lot more force on the pads?
            Nah, main brake cylinder is fine for this car.

Dinu, im talking bout TSX \ JDM euro-r calipers. Also few USDM Accords use em, i dont remember which exactly. They are cheap ) All those spoon and so on is rather expensive upgrade. If someone wanna make a serious upgrade then can recommend racingbrake BBK, im using it now. Very nice calipers and very good price.

Comment

@littlebo: Do you use the oversize kit? Which one? http://www.racingbrake.com/TL-TSX-RSX-s/5843.htm

Comment

Yes, please tell us what BBK do you recommend?

Comment

Nu credeti ca discutia asta despre frane trebuie mutata intr-un topic dedicat, pe aria tehnica?
                  I'm not anti-social. I'm anti-idiot.
                  My cars:

'09 Honda Accord Tourer 2.4 A/T, Executive, Cobalt Blue Pearl--all season daily car
                  '00 S2000, Silverstone Metallic - my new daily sunny day drive
                  '96 CRX Del Sol 1,6 SIR, Custom Metallic Green - sunny&warm days car
                  '78 Accord SJ 1,6 Yellow - historical car
                  EX-'11 CR-V 2,2 I-DTEC A/T Executive, Urban Titanium Metallic
                  EX -'09 Accord Sedan 2,4 M/T Executive, Cobalt Blue Pearl
                  EX-''00 HR-V 1,6, Custom Matt BlacK - Utility car
                  EX-'15 Civic 5D 1,8 Sport M/T Briliant Sporty Blue Metallic
                  EX- '95 Civic Eg 1,8 White - race car
                  EX-'08 Civic 5d 1,8 Sport M/T Alabaster Silver -

Comment

Sunt curios ce placute trebuie pt Spoon....si cat de scumpe ar fii...
                    P.S. Diseara revin cu update-uri after reflash, + ceva VS
                    Anyone can go fast in a straight line. It takes skill to go fast around corners.
                    '04 Accord 2.4 A/T CL9

Comment

Originally posted by merluciu View Post
                      @littlebo: Do you use the oversize kit? Which one? http://www.racingbrake.com/TL-TSX-RSX-s/5843.htm
                      Yes, 324mm . I have a discount there, lmk if you r interested.

Comment

These ones cannot be accommodated under 16 inch wheels, I suspect. The ET300 pads can be replaced with more common pads available on the continent?

Comment

@Dan101: Tocmai, ca sunt bolt-on (placute&discuri stock), daca-mi amintesc bine. Da-i un google, ca pe site-ul lor erau informatii despre asta.

@merluciu: 17" wheels, at least...

Comment

If I am not mistaken Spoon calipers do not have dust seals, which makes them pretty much useless for daily driving especially during winter (snow, mud, salt etc.).

Comment

How aboust the racing brake calipers ? @ merluciu - That sucks , you are RIGHT, verified on tsxclub, no winter driving so they are out of the scheme, you need s2k PADS or RSX S, Stock wheels will NOT clear these calipers unless you have spacers. Racingbrake have Dust seals http://www.racingbrake.com/Big-Brake...A-p/2151-k.htm , info here!
                              Also @ littlebo - I want to do that TSX nissin caliper upgrade, did you upgrade'd the lines also ?
                              Dan101
                              Last edited by Dan101; 30-08-13, 15:33.
                              Anyone can go fast in a straight line. It takes skill to go fast around corners.
                              '04 Accord 2.4 A/T CL9

Comment

Originally posted by merluciu View Post
                                These ones cannot be accommodated under 16 inch wheels, I suspect. The ET300 pads can be replaced with more common pads available on the continent?
                                Merg pe jante de 16"
                                I'm not anti-social. I'm anti-idiot.
                                My cars:

'09 Honda Accord Tourer 2.4 A/T, Executive, Cobalt Blue Pearl--all season daily car
                                '00 S2000, Silverstone Metallic - my new daily sunny day drive
                                '96 CRX Del Sol 1,6 SIR, Custom Metallic Green - sunny&warm days car
                                '78 Accord SJ 1,6 Yellow - historical car
                                EX-'11 CR-V 2,2 I-DTEC A/T Executive, Urban Titanium Metallic
                                EX -'09 Accord Sedan 2,4 M/T Executive, Cobalt Blue Pearl
                                EX-''00 HR-V 1,6, Custom Matt BlacK - Utility car
                                EX-'15 Civic 5D 1,8 Sport M/T Briliant Sporty Blue Metallic
                                EX- '95 Civic Eg 1,8 White - race car
                                EX-'08 Civic 5d 1,8 Sport M/T Alabaster Silver -

Comment

Working...
                                X