This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, good choice.

There are some points to remember when you drive (I am exaclty copying the points that I have written to dear Catallona):

"the weakest link is the rear-end of S2k, do not try to cheat on oversteer, for the first 3-4 months don't ever try to drift (my preference is not drift at all). On the wet surface, be alert about the rear-end, it is a momentarily occasion to lose control.

Other then this, be easy on the gears, s2k's are having problems with the gearbox and the rear differential. Especially from 2 to 3 gear change is a litlle tricky.

Another big danger is the possibility of over-revving. the gears no:2 and no:4 are very close to each other. MOst of the S2k owners do a mis-shift as they go into 2nd gear thinking that they are going into 4th... If it is a red-line shift in the 3rd gear, most probably you would lose your springs and retainers in the engine. Please be careful about gear changes."

other then those, among all S2000 models (i.e 1999-2007), the most potential ones are 1999-2001, as their fuel map is rich. Changing the catalytic or completely removing it+a good tune with Vafc, would lead to a good gain of mid revs.

Be careful with the car.

Comment

For the oil, I am using 0w-40 in winter, mobil 1 all the time.

For the kilometer on the tacho, it is not much important in Honda; it is not a VW. I have seen 400.000 km preludes, healthy, 200.000 km b16a2 without a single problem.

For F20c, moly coating special pistons, light rods, special rings and the 1.82 r/s ratio along with the perfect headwork, there is no problem with the km's provided that you are taking care of the Oil changes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigwhite
        "the weakest link is the rear-end of S2k, do not try to cheat on oversteer, for the first 3-4 months don't ever try to drift (my preference is not drift at all). On the wet surface, be alert about the rear-end, it is a momentarily occasion to lose control.

Other then this, be easy on the gears, s2k's are having problems with the gearbox and the rear differential. Especially from 2 to 3 gear change is a litlle tricky.

Another big danger is the possibility of over-revving. the gears no:2 and no:4 are very close to each other.
        that's 100% true
        Jante si Anvelope --> www.gumebune.ro

'02 Stream - http://www.hondafan.ro/forum/showthr...-0-i-VTEC-Grey

Comment

Fiuuuuuu!

N-am mai intrat de ceva timp pe forumul asta si am placuta surpriza sa vad ca puim!

Felicitari Spoon, sa ne intalnim cu bucurie!

Comment

Another very important point for 2nd hand S2000 is;

As cams have high overlap and the PCV valve is directly connected to the intake manifold, I may be necessary to get the intake manifold cleaned.

If you take a look at the entrance of the intake manifold, you'll se plenty of slug which has potential to make the idle bad in a stop-go traffic.

Comment

I experienced that too, I'll clean it asap

Comment

As cams have high overlap and the PCV valve is directly connected to the intake manifold, I may be necessary to get the intake manifold cleaned.

If you take a look at the entrance of the intake manifold, you'll se plenty of slug which has potential to make the idle bad in a stop-go traffic.
                Using an intake breather should keep the intake cleaner,right ?

2 Recent Videos.In the first one he's doing some donuts,and in the second one,we tested the quarter mile acceleration but with a bad start.

Donuts
                G-tech test
                Vtec Junkie B16a2.

Comment

Originally posted by cioli

Using an intake breather should keep the intake cleaner,right ?

2 Recent Videos.In the first one he's doing some donuts,and in the second one,we tested the quarter mile acceleration but with a bad start.

Donuts
                  G-tech test
                  Yes; the "Oil Catch Can" setup would keep it clean.

Bad start, good acceleration

I am not a fun of donuts and drifts; donuts kill the differential, drift kill the car (the typical S2000 crash is a sideway crash because of the oversteer).

If you are already familiar with a rwd, then no problem. If it is the first Rwd, take it easy first, then gradually try new things.

Comment

what about the gearbox and the differential, what oil do you recommend ?
                    I thought that Motul Gear 300 would be just fine for both of them...what do you think ?

Comment

Yes; the "Oil Catch Can" setup would keep it clean.
                      Bad start, good acceleration
                      Yeah,he is a pretty noob at stuff like this...
                      Gear 300 it's fine,but in my opinion it's fine whatever from Castrol or Mobil1
                      Vtec Junkie B16a2.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon
                        what about the gearbox and the differential, what oil do you recommend ?
                        I thought that Motul Gear 300 would be just fine for both of them...what do you think ?
                        I used:

Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lubricant
                        Product Number 51130-3
                        SAE Number 75W-90

Comment

iaca ce-mi aparu la usa

Comment

si nu ai chemat politia?! 8) :lol:
                            The NSX may be dead, but its spirit lives on. It is an evil spirit. [...] Honda, we beseech you: leave it as it is. Don't disappoint us again.

DreamSquad | Toda | SKN | Momo | Recaro | TenzoR | Yokohama | Sabelt | TEiN | Becker | Infinity | JBL | Mügen | My '05 NHB EP3 TypeR

Comment

nah ca azi mai aparu una

Comment

Mai exact ce a aparut ca nu se deschid pozele....
                                If sex was like FireBlade or S2000 nobody would worry about performance.

2002 Honda CBR 954 RR FireBlade
                                ex - 1986 Honda MT5
                                ex - 1997 Honda CBR 900 RR FireBlade
                                ex - 2001 Honda Civic Type-R
                                ex - 2007 Honda Jazz

Comment

Working...
                                X