Acura ZDX - viitorul ACURA SPORTS CUV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZDX brings sleekness to utility niche !

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business...ity_niche.html
    Iubesc masinile japoneze. Ele nu mint, nu inseala !
    ACURA & HONDA SUV FAN CLUB ROMANIA - http://daimyo.ro/index.php?action=forum

Comment

• YouTube - Acura ZDX "Oil"

Comment

• Review: 2010 Acura ZDX

http://www.luxurycarreport.com/blog/...2010-acura-zdx

2010 Acura ZDX
        Enlarge Photo

The 2010 Acura ZDX is a stunning and luxurious mid-sized crossover. As the Acura has a rather trendy look it appeals more to the younger generation. It is not really built as a family car, but more as a sport-utility vehicle. The ZDX has the same engine as the Acura MDX; they both have a 3.7-liter V-6, with 300 horsepower. It has a six-speed manual transmission and is praised for the paddle shifters, which are said to be remarkable.
        There are mixed reviews when it comes to judging the power of the ZDX. Some say it has just the right amount of power, while others think it could have a little more spark as far as power goes. It is estimated that the 2010 Acura ZDX will get 16 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway, which is about average for an SUV. All-wheel drive is standard and is an excellent addition to the sporty style of the vehicle. There is the option of the Integrated Dynamic System that is available with the Advance Package. This gives the ZDX better steering abilities and a stiffer suspension.
        As far as exterior looks go it would be difficult to find an SUV of this type that looks better than the Acura. An especially well-designed feature is the front-to-rear panoramic glass roof, which is over 12 feet in length and has an integrated power moonroof. The sharp lines make this car one of the sleekest and best designed vehicles on the market for 2010. It is a car that most definitely turns heads out on the town.
        The rear seats are relatively small and there isn't much cargo space either. You would expect more from what is supposed to be a mid-sized car. However, the interior is nice with a wealth of modern technology for the average driver. The interior consists of a lot of natural grained leather and the dash is neatly curved and soft. On the inside and out this car has the look of quality and style that any driver would be proud of. The Acura ZDX is on the expensive side, with a price tag of $46.176 for the basic model. It is a great car though and well worth the money if you want a mixture of trend and reliability.

Enlarge Photo

Enlarge Photo

----------------------------------

Comment

• Interior Winners Deliver Style, Function, Value

After more than two months of fiddling with knobs, climbing into back seats, scouring about for USB jacks and generally picking apart 40 new vehicle interiors, the editors of Ward’s Automotive Group announce the winners of the 2010 Interior of the Year awards.
          The diverse list celebrates everything from sporty affordability and clever functionality to dramatic styling and over-the-top luxury.

This year’s winners:
          • Subaru Outback (Popular-Priced car under $29,999)
          • Infiniti M56 (Premium-Priced car)
          • Lexus HS 250h (Hybrid car)
          • Chevrolet Camaro (Sports car)
          • Chevrolet Equinox (Popular-Priced truck under $39,999)
          • Volvo XC60 (Premium-Priced truck)
          • Acura ZDX (Design Breakthrough)
          • Mazdaspeed3 (Brand Expression)
          • BMW 550i Gran Turismo (Design Versatility)
          • Porsche Panamera Turbo (Inspired Design)
          Throughout February, March and early April, eight Ward’s editors evaluated 40 vehicle interiors. The 40 nominees were either all-new vehicles or offered significantly upgraded interiors for the 2010 model year.

Two-tone leather, floating wood center stack key design elements of Volvo XC60. A few ’11 vehicles (such as the Infiniti M56) were included in the competition, while others (such as the new Ford Mustang and Jeep Grand Cherokee) were not available in time for evaluations and will be part of the 2011 test pool.
          Editors submitted scoresheets for each vehicle and awarded points based on fit-and-finish, comfort, material selection, safety and overall value.
          They also paid attention to ergonomics and awarded points for accessibility of buttons, switches, vehicle controls and USB audio jacks. They climbed into the back seats of sporty coupes and into the third row of SUVs and cross/utility vehicles.
          They folded down back seats to see how much usable storage space was gained and whether the load floor was relatively flat.
          Most important, editors evaluated design harmony and aesthetics to see if all the design elements came together to impress, delight, soothe and surprise drivers and passengers.

“Yachting blue” leather, creamy upholstery and artistically arrayed controls distinguish Porsche Panamera Turbo. “For years, the focus on safety and functionality has given us drab, uninspired vehicle interiors,” says Ward’s AutoWorld Editor-in-Chief Drew Winter. “This year’s winners show style and original design is becoming as important inside the vehicle as it already is to the sheet metal outside.”
          This year’s nominees were split into six vehicle categories, two of which were price-capped. From year to year, the categories change based on launch cycles. For instance, four hybrids were new to the market, so they were given their own category.
          The four special-achievement awards hold equal weight with the winners of the individual vehicle categories.
          The truck segment includes truck-based SUVs and cross/utility vehicles built on car platforms, such as the Equinox and XC60, because the Environmental Protection Agency considers them trucks for fuel-economy rating purposes. Ward’s also classifies the vehicles as trucks in its segmentation, partly because of cargo-hauling capability.

Beautifully executed interior contributing to sales success of Chevy Equinox. The only conventional pickup in this year’s competition was the Ram Heavy Duty. Its interior largely carries over from the light-duty Ram, which won the popular-priced truck category in 2009. Next year’s competition will include the new heavy-duty pickups from the Ford and Chevrolet brands.
          The Equinox won this year’s Popular-Priced Truck category for wonderfully blending sensible functionality with high-quality, stylish materials generally expected in more upscale vehicles.
          In the Premium-Priced Truck category, the XC60 enthralled editors with its floating boomerang-shaped natural-oak center stack that begged fingernails to feel the grain (yes, it’s real wood).
          This year’s Popular-Priced Car winner is the Subaru Outback wagon, which shares its platform with the Legacy sedan and offers remarkable comfort, features and versatility for under $30,000.
          Also under $30,000, this year’s Sports Car winner is the all-new Chevrolet Camaro, which carries on some classic Camaro styling cues while delivering a host of contemporary technologies.
          In the Premium-Priced Car category, the Infiniti M56 faced some formidable rivals but wooed the editors with a sophisticated mix of sporty luxury and generous doses of ash-wood trim on the center console, instrument panel and doors.
          Some vehicles in the premium-car category demand special recognition.
          For instance, the BMW 550i Gran Turismo takes certain 7-Series interior cues to a whole new level with ingeniously conceived second-row seats that recline and fold flat to provide considerable storage space, accessible from an equally impressive 2-way liftgate.
          At the top of the price pyramid, the $153,640 Porsche Panamera Turbo swept judges off their feet with a melange of “yachting blue” leather, creamy upholstery and artistically arrayed controls in the center console.
          The Gran Turismo is recognized for Design Versatility, while the Panamera’s award is for Inspired Design.
          Another special-achievement award for Brand Expression goes to the Mazdaspeed3, which delivers a fetching interior that relies on one accent color: red. From the stitching on the manual shifter boot to the blazing, swirling fabric pattern on the seats and doors, the interior appears too hot to touch.
          The hybrid winner is the handsomely appointed Lexus HS 250h sedan, which offers a unique human/machine interface and looks and feels more like a no-compromise luxury car than a conventional hybrid. And it still delivered better than 31 mpg (7.6 L/100 km) during our test.
          Rounding out the list is the Acura ZDX, which wins a special-achievement award for Design Breakthrough with its unusual mocha leather and futuristic styling cues that match up well with the ZDX’s aggressive exterior styling.
          The winners will be recognized in a ceremony May 19 at the Ward’s Auto Interiors Conference at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Dearborn, MI.
          A complete package about Ward’s Interior of the Year competition, including profiles of the winning vehicles, will appear on WardsAuto.com April 26 and in the May issue of Ward’s AutoWorld magazine.

http://wardsauto.com/home/interior_w...eliver_100412/

Comment

• YouTube - 2010 Acura ZDX NHTSA Side Impact

YouTube - 2010 Acura ZDX NHTSA Frontal Impact[/URL]

Comment

• Cars.com Family Reviews the 2012 Acura ZDX

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...cking+Tires%29

Cars.com Family contributor Carrie Kim thought the 2012 Acura ZDX would work well as a family car. After all, this out-of-the-ordinary vehicle seats five and looks sizable from the outside. But after a weeklong test drive, the ZDX’s sloped roofline and dramatic styling were deal-breakers for Carrie and her family of three. Just getting her 1-year-old daughter into her child-safety seat took yoga-like skills and often ended up with Carrie hitting her head on the ZDX’s roofline.

http://www.cars.com/acura/zdx/2012/e...s/?revid=58363

The 2012 Acura ZDX is exciting to look at, indulgent to experience and thrilling to drive. For those who enjoy the finer things when behind the wheel, the ZDX will be quite alluring. With its dramatic styling and unique body style, it's sure to impress upon arrival at any destination.

Based on its exterior, the 2012 Acura ZDX might seem like a more luxurious alternative to a rugged crossover, but this four-door sports coupe wasn't designed with families in mind.

I optimistically thought the ZDX could work for my small family of three. As one who readily awards bonus points for originality and good design, it was off to a good start. Things got better behind the wheel, too; the ZDX is powerful, responsive and sporty with its 3.7-liter V-6 engine. Despite its sizable appearance from the outside, it wasn't comfortable, convenient or practical on the inside. It's unorthodox shape and unique dimensions were the deal-breaker.

The Acura ZDX starts at $46,020, but my test car, a top-of-the-line Advance Package, was priced at $57,455.

EXTERIOR

The ZDX's looks are polarizing. You'll hear everything from high praises to utter confusion when discussing this out-of-the-ordinary vehicle. It's difficult for some to pinpoint it: The ZDX is too high off the ground to be a sedan, but it's sleeker and sportier than most crossovers.

The ZDX's angular details and dramatic slope — from front to back — set it apart from most cars on the road, and not only does it look unique, but it also looks expensive. My favorite exterior feature is the giant moonroof, which is standard on all trim levels and catches the eye when paired with my test car's Crystal Black Pearl paint color.

Sadly, the sleek styling that makes the ZDX so beautiful is what make it impractical for families. One problem is the rear door handles sit near the top of the doors. Because the car is high off the ground, this makes it nearly impossible for a child to reach them.

If children are too young to get in and out of the car by themselves, the roof's drastic slope makes things difficult when loading them into their child-safety seats. To get my 1-year-old daughter into her car seat, I had to first position her almost horizontal in my arms while reaching inside, and then once inside, I had to turn her into a seated position while not slamming her head (or mine) on the low roofline. At the end of my weeklong test drive, I checked the roofline for dents where my head repeatedly hit the doorframe (I'm just 5-foot-4). It's awkward to enter and exit the ZDX from any door, front or back.

The cargo area also suffers due to the ZDX's shape; it tapers down so low in back that the cargo area is shallow. It fit what I needed to haul, but this car is way too sexy for double-stroller duty.

The ZDX keeps in line with its luxury status by requiring premium gasoline for its 300-horsepower, 3.7-liter V-6 engine that's paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. It gets an EPA-estimated 16/23 mpg city/highway. I admit to having fun while driving the all-wheel-drive ZDX, but I was surprised to find I averaged just 13 mpg during my weeklong test drive. Ouch.

SENSE AND STYLE

Family Friendly (Not Really, Fair, Great, Excellent): Not Really
              Fun-Factor (None, Some, Good Times, Groove-On): Good Times

INTERIOR

There's a lot to love about the five-seater's interior. Leather covers the dash and center console; tricot ceiling liner feels like suede, and even the Berber-like floormats are stylish. All the expected luxuries are available, and for a little extra money, you can enjoy heated and cooled leather seats, navigation with real-time traffic info and an upgraded surround-sound system.

No matter how luxurious the ZDX is, however, its shape and dimensions cause problems on the inside. The ZDX can haul five people, but it'd be a tight squeeze. The ZDX works better with just two passengers in the backseat, which is tight. Because of the sloped roofline, even passengers of an average height will feel claustrophobic. There's hardly any head clearance in the back and front rows.

The good news is that legroom for all fares much better. Although my 5-foot-7 husband's head brushed the car's ceiling when riding in the front row, he had a comfortable amount of legroom, even with a rear-facing infant-safety seat behind him.

Storage compartments are a little scarce in the ZDX, but you can get by with the center console bin. There are four cupholders in the ZDX.

As much as I wanted to believe the ZDX could work for a family, it had too many visibility issues that couldn't be ignored. From the driver's seat, the rear window seems like a light at the end of a long tunnel. You cannot see out of the ZDX's sides, and the rear window is so low that it's not useful. If the second-row's head restraints are up, they block even more of the limited view. Yes, there's a standard backup camera and an optional blind spot warning system, but even with these aids, my limited visibility when driving the ZDX left me feeling less than confident.

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT

Storage Compartments (Puny, Fair, Ample, Galore): Fair
              Cargo/Trunk Space (Puny, Fair, Ample, Galore): Fair

SAFETY

The 2012 ZDX scored an overall five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. It earned five stars out of five in the side-impact crash test and four stars in front-impact and rollover crash tests. In Insurance Institute for Highway Safety crash tests, the 2012 ZDX earned the top score of Good in front and rear crash tests. It hasn't undergone IIHS' side-impact and roof-strength crash tests.

The ZDX has standard all-wheel drive, antilock brakes with brake assist, an electronic stability system with traction control, active front head restraints and six airbags, including side curtains for both rows.

There are some impressive safety options such as the Collision Mitigation Braking System, which is part of the Advance Package. The system alerts the driver with both audio and visual alerts — it evens tugs the driver's seat belt — to apply the brakes if it senses an impending collision. Adaptive cruise control is also part of the optional Advance Package. It enables the driver to set a distance behind the car ahead of them and the ZDX will maintain it, accelerating and braking when necessary. Adaptive cruise control performed as promised, but it didn't operate as smoothly as in other cars with this feature. The braking felt choppy, and I found the flashing "brake" warning light on the dash to be unnerving.

Another optional feature is the blind spot warning system, but it's an absolute must-have because the ZDX's shape and dimensions cause visibility issues. Due to the many blind spots, I relied on this feature heavily. Although it was useful, I found it worrisome to have such a dependence on two little indicator lights, which alerted me when a car was in my blind spot.

The pleasant surprise in the ZDX was how easy it was to access the two sets of lower Latch anchors in the rear seats. While you may have some challenges fitting the child-safety seats in the backseat, you won't have the Latch anchors to blame.

Comment

• http://www.rocklintoday.com/news/tem...0657&zoneid=88

Controversial Acura ZDX exterior a selling point or not?

This is definitely not a vehicle for the masses. And just how do I know that? People show an immediate passion - good and bad - for the 2012 Acura ZDX.

Judging from the reaction of co-workers, neighbors and a whole bunch of relatives at a recent gathering, the ZDX is a vehicle that elicits an instant opinion.

It's the controversial exterior that leaves people with mixed feelings concerning this midsize luxury crossover that Acura unveiled in 2010. The ZDX has a sloping roof line that limits rear visibility, a very lanky length, and features panoramic glass. Some observers feel the style is very cool, while other people loathe its somewhat peculiar hatchback-like appearance.

My nephew, a young man who loves cars, spots me as he walks in the door at the family gathering and immediately says - "So how do you like the rocket ship?" Yet my wife calls it "too odd." Several female co-workers gave it thumbs down, while the men applaud its creative features. From my informal poll, the generalization is that men like the ZDX and women don't.

And for the record, I think the quirky-looking exterior is cool. It reminds me a little of the Pontiac Aztek - which I liked as well - but most people hated so much that it only had a four-year life span.
                2012 Acura ZDX

Performance: 3.7-liter,V6, 300 horsepower
                Mileage estimate: 16-23 mpg
                Price: $46,020
                Warranty: 4 years/50,000 miles; drivetrain 6 years/70,000 miles; roadside assistance 4 years/50,000

The ZDX has other oddities as well. At first glance, one might think this is a sedan. But a closer look finds the door handles for the second row located up high but also easily reachable. Why the door handle placement? Because it's something different is the best guess.

Acura modeled this crossover SUV after its popular midsize MDX. But it left out some key ingredients, like third-row seating and adequate storage space. The ZDX seats five passengers, yet is designed more like a large hatchback.

Despite its deficiencies, the all-wheel drive ZDX will be applauded by car buyers who want something a little edgy and nonconforming. It has some good upside, notably a great list of standard features, including a panoramic sunroof, good performance, and confident handling.

However, don't expect the ZDX to have a modest price tag. The vehicle goes for $46,020 and the costs jumps to approximately $56,500 for the loaded model. Gas mileage ranges from 16-23 mpg; so that's no selling point, either.

The interior has a slick fade-to-black center stack, giving the ZDX a very appealing look. There is leather trim on the dashboard and plenty of extra buttons for this and that, which will appeal to many technology advocates.

What's not so cool is a cramped backseat that is tight on head room thanks to the sloped rear roof, and it's a little uncomfortable in regards to leg room for larger adults. The cargo area is limited and requires the backseat to come down for any reasonable space to place larger items.

A 3.7-liter, V6 with 300 horsepower, the ZDX doesn't have the zippy performance one might expect, thanks to its hefty weight of 4,400 pounds. Yet it seemed quicker than 0-60 mph in 7.3 seconds. In terms of towing, the ZDX is inadequate, hauling up to 1,500 pounds as opposed to a 5,000 capacity by the Acura MDX.

But the ZDX does have better-than-average acceleration in most situations and is capable of transferring levels of power to individual wheels (all-wheel drive, SH-AWD system), which helps maximize both traction and grip through challenging turns and wet weather.

There are lots of upsides to the ZDX. But ultimately the decision to buy or not will hinge on the exterior look. You either like it or you don't.

Comment

• http://www.examiner.com/review/2012-...o-be-different

2012 Acura ZDX dares to be different

The 2012 Acura ZDX is among the segment of sedan/coupe/crossover vehicles that automakers have created in the past few years to address multiple consumer needs.
                  These vehicles have drawn both strong praise and heavy jeers for their appearance.
                  But regardless of how you think it looks, you'd have a hard time arguing that the ZDX is not a versatile, roomy, sporty-driving machine that offers nice luxury features.
                  This five-seat vehicle shares a platform with Acura's MDX large crossover SUV, and while it is a bit longer than that car, it is also shorter.
                  The ZDX has a 3.7-liter V-6 engine that makes 300 horsepower and is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with all-wheel drive. You can switch the transmission into Sport or Drive mode, and you can use paddle shifters if you really feel like getting sporty.
                  Be advised, though, that the ZDX requires the more expensive premium fuel, so if you're going to try to work this ride into your budget, make sure you also account for that.
                  Acura has included an option, the Advance Package, that adds adaptive cruise control, which maintains a set distance with vehicles in front of you. The package also includes a collision avoidance system that provides an audible warning, then a visible one on the information screen, then pulls the driver's seat belt tighter and begins applying brakes. This, along with the airbags, stability control and active front head restraints, make the ZDX a leader in safety features.
                  On the inside, while you'll find the front seats to be quite roomy, the rear ones are a little snug. Acura decided to emphasize the rear cargo area over rear passenger comfort.
                  But there is plenty of technology, convenience and cool styling to make the ZDX's interior a pleasant place to be.
                  The panoramic glass sunroof is especially good.
                  The exterior styling is the polarizing feature of this vehicle.
                  From the rear, it has kind of a stocky, look; dare we say junk in the trunk?
                  From the side, though, it looks much more like a coupe, with its sweeping lines, and from the front, it has a pretty solid sedan appearance.
                  The ZDX starts at around $47,000 and ranges to the mid- $50s.
                  With its versatility, roominess and powerful engine, the Acura ZDX provides a good option for those seeking to drive something that's a little bit different.

Comment

• http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/03/a...-for-2013-zdx/

Acura confirms refresh for 2013 ZDX

The ZDX hasn't exactly been a sales superstar for Acura. Only 1,564 examples of the oddball crossover were sold last year, making it the fourth-worst-selling new vehicle in the United States in 2011. But nevertheless, Acura is committed to offering its most-expensive crossover for at least another year, as we've now learned that a refresh is on deck for 2013.

We don't have any photos of the 2013 ZDX just yet (the 2012 model is pictured here), but rest assured, the design changes will likely be very slight. Acura released only a few details in its 2013 model year full-line press release, stating that the updated ZDX will feature styling changes, new technology features and that it "will be sold in a single, valued-added package offering clients greater value on a luxury scale."

For now, that's all we know. The 2013 ZDX goes on sale in October, and we'll likely have full pricing information (as well as a new batch of high-res photos) well before then. Scroll down for Acura's official press blast.

2013 Acura "What's New" Change Summary

2013 Acura ILX

The all-new Acura ILX went on sale May 22, 2012. Positioned at the gateway to the Acura brand, it serves as Acura's all-new compact luxury sedan.

The ILX features three powertrain options:

The entry-level ILX 2.0L is powered by a 150-horsepower, 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder paired with a 5-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift.

The ILX 2.4L is powered by a 201-horsepower, 2.4-liter engine paired with a close-ratio, six-speed manual transmission.

Acura's first-ever gasoline-electric hybrid, the ILX Hybrid, uses a 1.5-liter inline engine and an Integrated Motor Assist® electric motor paired with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). The Acura ILX 1.5L Hybrid has an EPA estimated* fuel economy rating of 39/38/38 mpg.

With a starting MSRP of $25,900, the Acura ILX offers remarkable value for the money with robust feature content and premium appeal. Standard features include a Keyless Access System with smart entry and pushbutton start, Pandora® internet radio interface, SMS text message, power moonroof and Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®.

2013 Acura TSX

The Acura TSX received a mid-cycle refresh in 2011, which included changes to exterior styling, significantly improved NVH, a wide array of new standard and optional features and an all-new variant: the TSX Sport Wagon.

In 2012, the TSX Special Edition was introduced with numerous upgrades to exterior styling, celebrating Acura's fun-to-drive spirit and 25 year history as a luxury brand in America.

In 2012, the TSX line up continues to be one of Acura's most popular sedans thanks to a great mix of styling, sporty performance, luxury appointments, good fuel efficiency and outstanding value on a luxury scale.

The 2013 TSX sedan and Sport Wagon will go on sale in fall 2012 and will have no changes to the lineup.

2013 Acura TL

In 2012 the Acura TL was significantly refined receiving fresh styling, improved performance and fuel economy and upgraded technology.

The Acura TL can be equipped with Acura's acclaimed Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ system (SH-AWD™) along with the option of a close-ratio, six-speed manual transmission for driving enthusiasts.

The TL will go on sale in fall 2012 and will have no changes for 2013.

2013 Acura RDX

Completely redesigned for 2013, the new RDX went on sale April 20, 2012 and had an all-time record sales month in May 2012 (up 216.8% compared to May 2011).
                    The new Acura RDX is the right-sized crossover SUV with increased comfort, utility and power along with class-leading fuel-economy (EPA estimated* 20/28/23 for the RDX and 19/27/22 for the RDX AWD).

The Acura RDX features a new 3.5L V-6 with 33 more horsepower than the previous model (273 horsepower), a new six-speed automatic transmission and a new available all-wheel-drive system.

Standard features on the RDX include leather seating, heated power front seats, a power moonroof and a 360watt audio system. New technologies such as Pandora® internet radio interface, an SMS text messaging function, a Keyless Access System with pushbutton start, an Active Noise Control system and a rear view camera system with three unique viewing angles are also standard equipment.

Available on the Technology Package, the RDX receives new features including Acura's latest generation navigation system, a hard disk drive (HDD) with 60 gigabytes of storage capacity (15g dedicated for music) and a power actuated rear tailgate.

The 2013 RDX has received the highest possible safety rating of TOP SAFETY PICK from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) earning a score of GOOD in all categories.

2013 Acura MDX

The Acura MDX received a mid-cycle refresh in 2010 which included a new engine and transmission, a revised chassis, more comfort, improved technology and a fresh new exterior look.

The MDX continues to be the best selling seven passenger luxury SUV.

The 2013 MDX will go on sale in fall 2012 and will have no changes for the model year.

2013 Acura ZDX

The Acura ZDX receives a mid-cycle refresh for the 2013 model year including exterior styling changes, new technology and will be sold in a single, valued-added package offering clients greater value on a luxury scale.

Although the ZDX remains a niche vehicle for the Acura brand, it continues to garner attention for its unique styling while transcending the traditional distinctions between coupe, sedan and sport utility vehicle.

The 2013 ZDX will go on sale in October 2012.

A "Sneak Peak" at What's Coming in 2014

2014 Acura RLX

The all-new RLX will launch in early 2013 as Acura's new flagship sedan delivering an entirely new level of performance, sophistication and comfort.

The RLX will boast the interior space of a large luxury sedan with the footprint and agility of a midsize luxury sedan.

The all-wheel-drive RLX model will employ Acura's highly advanced new Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® system (Super Handling All-Wheel Drive). The performance hybrid system utilizes a front-mounted electric motor, located within the dual clutch transmission, and a unique dual electric motor drive unit with a bilateral torque adjustable control system to instantly generate negative or positive torque to the rear wheels during cornering.

The RLX will be offered in a 310 horsepower, front-wheel-drive version, which will deliver superior handling performance through the application of a new Acura technology- Precision All Wheel Steer™.

The RLX equipped with Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® will deliver V-8 acceleration with four-cylinder fuel economy-producing 370 horsepower with an EPA estimated* fuel economy rating of 30/30/30 mpg.

Comment

• http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1103064

2013 Acura ZDX Luxury Crossover To Get Numerous Enhancements in its Final Model Year

Equipped with new features and safety technologies; priced at $50,920*

The innovative and stylish Acura ZDX crossover vehicle, introduced in 2009, will receive numerous styling and technology enhancements for the 2013 model year, which will be the final year on the market for ZDX as the Acura brand sharpens its focus on new models and core products, the company announced today.

The 2013 ZDX will receive several new features, including a redesigned front grille, front and rear parking sensors, power folding side mirrors and safety features such as Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW). The 2013 Acura ZDX will go on sale October 19, 2012, with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) starting at $50,920*.

"People shopping for a luxury crossover vehicle will find the Acura ZDX an even more attractive product," said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of the Acura Division. "Moving forward, we will continue to advance the Acura lineup with a focus on new core models, like the recently redesigned RDX and the upcoming all-new RLX flagship sedan, that provide the ideal balance of performance and fuel efficiency that is right for each product and a driving experience that is dynamic and emotional."

The ZDX is built in the same Alliston, Ontario plant as the Acura MDX, which shares the platform with ZDX. As a result, ZDX production will be discontinued in conjunction with the transfer of the popular MDX to the company's Lincoln, Alabama plant in early 2013 (as previously announced).

For 2013, the Acura ZDX will be sold as a single, valued-added package offering clients greater value on a luxury scale. Robust features now standard on the 2013 ZDX include the 435-watt Acura/ELS Surround® 10-speaker audio system with 15 GB hard disk drive (HDD) memory, Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™, 8-inch high-resolution VGA display, multi-view rear view camera, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® wireless telephone interface, ventilated and heated front seats with perforated premium Milano leather seating surfaces, Keyless Access System (with Smart Entry and pushbutton ignition) and dual-zone automatic climate control system.

The ZDX will receive several new exterior features for 2013, such as a redesigned front grille, front and rear bumpers with integrated parking sensors, power-folding auto-dimming side mirrors and a dark accent on the wheels for a sportier finish. The interior receives a new wood trim on the center console and a high contrast interior option.

Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW) are two new safety features for the 2013 ZDX. The Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system can detect vehicles ahead of the ZDX. If the FCW system determines that a collision is possible with a detected vehicle, it provides the driver with visual and audio alerts to encourage avoidance actions. Lane Departure Warning (LDW) uses a camera mounted between the windshield and the rear-view mirror to detect lane lines on the road. If the driver begins to drift out of a detected lane without using the turn indicator, the system will provide the driver with visual and audible alerts.

The 2013 ZDX is equipped with an all-aluminum 3.7-liter V-6 engine that develops 300 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. Performance is further enhanced by the ZDX's Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic transmission that is designed to satisfy the most discerning enthusiast drivers. The 2013 ZDX EPA city/highway/combined fuel mileage is rated at 16/23/19 mpg**.

For customers seeking a great balance of utility and performance Acura will continue to offer vehicles in the luxury crossover space with the 5-passenger RDX and the TSX Sport Wagon. Acura also will continue to provide ZDX customers with a high-level of service and parts support throughout the life of their vehicles.

U.S. sales of Acura models increased 43.5 percent in September and rose nearly 30 percent to 115,773 units for the first nine-months of 2012, the Acura brand's best nine-month sales results since 2008. The Acura TL sedan, along with the MDX, RDX and TSX Sport Wagon crossover vehicles, have each posted double-digit gains for the year to date, including an 85.7-percent rise in sales of the redesigned RDX and a 25.2-percent gain for the TSX Sport Wagon. The all-new Acura ILX continues to gain momentum, posting its fifth consecutive monthly increase on September sales of 1,737 units.

Acura will debut its all-new 2014 Acura RLX luxury sedan on November 28, 2012, at the Los Angeles International Auto Show. The new Acura flagship sedan will employ an array of new technologies unique to Acura, including the Precision All Wheel Steer™ system, the next-generation AcuraLink® Communication System, and the all-new Jewel Eye™ LED headlamps to deliver an entirely new level of performance, sophistication and comfort.

Comment

• Salut forumisti,
                        . Am o intrebare. Unde pot gasi cel mai apropiat dealer Acura (in ce tara, ca in Romania stiu ca nu exista). As fi foarte interesat sa imi iau un ZDX sau MDX.
                        Multumesc mult

Comment

• Din cate stiu eu acura nu exista oficial in EU. Deci cel mai apropiat dealer oficial e in Canada - ca sa ai si instrumentele in metric. Altfel in RO mai sunt dealeri specializati in masini premium importate din state. Independenti care iti pot aduce ce model vrei tu.
                          "Ethics. That's always so inconvenient."
                          Cal Lightman

Comment

• Eu créd ca in Europa nu ai reprezentanta ACURA , dar daca vrei sa cumperi unu din aceste modele, o poti face direct din tara cu reprezentanta Honda , dupa care le aduc in tara din SUA si ca SABrespecte normele europene , le va face mai multe modificari , cum ar fi semnalizarile in portocaliu pt ca ei le au in rosu, luminile de ceat, modificari la motor ca sa implinesca norme le de poliare....... Etc.

Aceste modele care ai pus tu , nu sunt cele de 4 x 4 ?
                            Eu leam vazut in direct si sunt bestiale , nici o comparatie cu cele fabricate in EUROPA ( Ma refer la toate marcile ce vin modele 4x4)

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5
                            con Tapatalk

neumaticos FALKEN FK 452,placute EBC Greenstuff, leduri albe interior , prezoane VISION Motor Sport, Huse rezervor lichid de frine marca SPOON , Xenon.. mulles FK

Comment

• Originally posted by danhonda View Post
                              Salut forumisti,
                              . Am o intrebare. Unde pot gasi cel mai apropiat dealer Acura (in ce tara, ca in Romania stiu ca nu exista). As fi foarte interesat sa imi iau un ZDX sau MDX.
                              Multumesc mult
                              Dealer Acura nu exista in Europa, dar asa cum te-au sfatuit si colegii, le poti importa prin unul dintre comerciantii care aduc orice masina de peste ocean. Eu nu am avut nevoie de nici o modificare pentru a o inmatricula in RO, este ca de fabrica si merg fara probleme.
                              '08 Acura RDX

Comment

• Daca am inteles bine intr-o discutie la Asko pe tema Acura, in Europa nu exista garantie la aceasta masina, asta chiar ar fi o problema delicata. Si eu am cochetat cu ideea de a lua o Acura MDX, dar impozitele imense din cauza motorizarii si nu numai m-au determinat sa renunt...deocamdata !!
                                Honda CR-V 2.0 i-VTEC A/T Executive, 2008, Black Pearl.
                                "Gândiţi pentru voi înşivă şi nu urmaţi paşii celorlalţi. Când rămâi fără vise, viaţa nu mai are nici un sens. De aceea mă voi strădui până la moarte să ating un scop.Trebuie să continui să îţi urmezi visele." Soichiro Honda
                                "Vreau să ştiu cum gândeşte Dumnezeu. Restul sunt detalii fără importanţă." Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X